Dr. Miller, inspired by his lifelong love of skiing, has created an individualized and integrative holistic process which combines elements of western psychology and applies it in a natural setting played out on the ski slopes of Utah.
Ecotherapy, in many cases, stems from the belief that people are part of the web of life and that our psyches are not isolated or separate from our environment. Ecopsychology is informed by systems theory and provides individuals with an opportunity to explore their relationship with nature—an area that may be overlooked in many other types of psychotherapy.
Nowadays, we are spending close to 90% of our time indoors and in a recent study, prevalence of mental health problems in mountain exercisers was lower compared to the general European population.
Participants will engage in a 3-part personal growth process:
- Assess and Plan (Materials will be emailed to you)
- 1-hour Individual Session (in person or Telehealth)
- 3-hour on Snow Experience (at a pre-determined location in the Northern Wasatch Range)
By engaging in this process, participants will expand their conscious level of awareness to assist them in improving their general wellness and being more balanced in their life. This will promote increased awareness of mind sets, emotions, and behavior in an effort to increase one’s resiliency to stress, improve communication with others and improve relationships. It will also increase motivation and clarity toward personal goal attainment. These elements will be applied in a naturalistic setting while using the dynamic of skiing to be become more self-aware. Skiing affords a unique opportunity to unify the mind and the body to discover, expand and facilitate shifting the mindset to be more expansive. This self-discovery process will yield results across the life span, providing coping tools to manage whatever life stressors come down the road.
Additional resources on ecotherapy:
- Open to Individual 16 years+
- Couples/marriage/relationship specific focus also available (per person cost)
- Minimum Skill Level of Intermediate Skier/Snowboarder – not a technical lesson
- Lift Ticket not Included
- Available for the 2021-22 Ski Season (holiday blackout dates may apply)
- Email or call for more info: firstname.lastname@example.org or 435-654-4037